50 Simple Dishes you can Cook with LittleItaly-InstantChef's Salsa Al Pomodoro
1. Spanish Rice Cook 1 cup rice according to the package directions, instead of water add 1 cup of Salsa al Pomodoro; stir in capers, Spanish olives and chopped scallions.
2. Potato Casserole Mix mashed potatoes, some Salsa al Pomodoro and grated Parmesan cheese in a casserole dish; top with more sauce and cheese and bake at 425 degrees F for 30 minutes.
3. Baked Brie Slice the top rind off a small wheel of Brie. Cover lightly with Salsa al Pomodoro and seasoned breadcrumbs, and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh herbs.
4. Mussels Marinara Saute sliced garlic in olive oil in a deep skillet. Add a pinch of saffron, 1/2 cup white wine, 2 cups od Salsa al Pomodoro and 3 pounds mussels; cover and cook until the mussels open, 5 minutes.
5. Zesty Chip Dip Combine equal parts sour cream and Salsa al Pomodoro in a bowl; stir in grated Parmesan cheese, ground pepper and oregano.
6. Quick Ratatouille Saute chopped bell peppers, zucchini, onion, eggplant and garlic in olive oil. Add 2 parts od Salsa al Pomodoro to 1 part water and some fresh basil; simmer until vegetables are tender.
7. Cocktail Sauce Mix Salsa al Pomodoro with horseradish and hot sauce to taste; serve with shrimp.
8. Minestrone Soup Boil 1 Pkt of Salsa al Pomodoro and 5 cups water. Stir in cooked small pasta, chopped mixed vegetables, canned beans and grated Parmesan cheese; cook until vegetables are tender.
9. Tomato Butter Blend 1 stick butter and 1/4 cup of Salsa al Pomodoro in a food processor; stir in chopped parsley. Use plastic wrap to roll into a log; refrigerate.
10. Olive Tapenade Combine 1 cup of Salsa al Pomodoro with 1/2 cup chopped Kalamata olives, 1/2 cup chopped roasted peppers, a big spoonful of capers and some parsley; serve with crackers.
11. African Stew Saute chopped onion, garlic and ginger with curry powder; add 1 Pkt of Salsa al Pomodoro, 2 cups water, 1 can white beans and a diced sweet potato; simmer until tender. Stir in 1/4 cup peanut butter.
12. Cream of Tomato Soup Saute chopped fresh herbs in butter; add 1 Pkt of Salsa al Pomodoro, 2 cups water, 1/2 cup heavy cream and a pinch of nutmeg; simmer for 5 minutes.
13. Stuffed Mushrooms Mix breadcrumbs, chopped mushroom stems and grated Parmesan cheese with a bit of Salsa al Pomodoro; stuff into mushroom caps, drizzle with olive oil and bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes.
14. Buffalo Wings Lightly coat chicken wings with equal parts Salsa al Pomodoro and hot sauce; roast at 425 degrees F for 40 minutes.
15. Clam Chowder Saute diced celery and onion in butter with thyme and a bay leaf. Add 1 chopped potato, 2 cups Salsa al Pomodoro, 1 bottle clam juice and 1 cup water; simmer 15 minutes.
16. Tomato Croutons Toss 2 cups cubed stale bread with 1/2 cup Salsa al Pomodoro, 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese and 2 tablespoons olive oil; bake at 400 degrees F until golden, 10 minutes.
17. BBQ Brisket Brown 4 pounds brisket in oil with chopped onions, garlic and red pepper flakes. Add 1 Pkt of Salsa al Pomodoro, a jar of water, 1/4 cup cider vinegar and 1/4 cup brown sugar; cover and simmer 3 hours.
18. Eggs in Purgatory Simmer 1 Pkt of Salsa al Pomodoro in a small skillet. Crack in 2 eggs, cover and cook until the whites set; top with pepper and grated parmesan cheese.
19. Tuna Marinara Simmer 1 Pkt of Salsa al Pomodoro with halved olives, capers and a drained can of Italian tuna; toss with pasta.
20. Stewed BLT Cook chopped bacon in a deep skillet; add 1 Pkt of Salsa al Pomodoro and escarole and cook until greens are tender.
21. Pizza Potato Make a deep slit in baked potatoes, then stuff with some Salsa al Pomodoro, chopped pepperoni and shredded mozzarella; bake at 400 degrees F until the cheese melts.
22. Italian Meatloaf Add 1 cup of Salsa al Pomodoro, 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese and some chopped rosemary to a basic meatloaf recipe (using 2 pounds ground beef). Bake; top with more Salsa al Pomodoro and cheese 15 minutes before it’s done.
23. Baked Beans Simmer 1 cup Salsa al Pomodoro with 1/4 cup honey mustard, 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1 large can white beans until bubbly.
24. Tomato Mac and Cheese Mix some Salsa al Pomodoro with prepared macaroni and cheese in a baking dish; drizzle with more sauce and bake at 350 degrees F until hot and bubbly.
25. Instant Salsa Mix 1 cup Salsa al Pomodoro with 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1/2 cup corn kernels, chopped cilantro, diced red onion and a dash of hot sauce.
26. Sweet-and-Sour Franks Bring 4 cups thinly sliced onions, 1 cup Salsa al Pomodoro, 1/2 cup water and 2 tablespoons brown sugar to a boil; cover and simmer 40 minutes. Serve on hot dogs.
27. Vodka Penne Simmer 1/2 cup heavy cream and 3 cups of Ssalsa al Pomodoro in a skillet for 3 to 5 minutes; remove from heat and stir in 2 to 3 tablespoons vodka. Toss with cooked penne.
28. Saucy Marinade Combine 1 Salsa al Pomodoro with 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar and 1/4 cup olive oil; add smashed garlic cloves, salt and pepper. Use as marinade for 1 pound chicken or pork.
29. Tomato Biscuits Spread refrigerated biscuits with Salsa al Pomodoro; top with grated cheddar cheese and chopped scallions and bake as directed.
30. Country Captain Brown chicken parts in olive oil with curry powder and chopped onions and bell peppers; add Salsa al Pomodoro and simmer until the chicken is cooked through.
31. Taleggio Panini Spread Salsa al Pomodoro between 2 slices of crusty bread and top with taleggio cheese; cook in a buttered skillet or panini press.
32. Poor Man’s Parmigiana Alternate slices of garlic bread and mozzarella in a baking dish; top with Salsa al Pomodoro and bake at 375 degrees until golden and bubbly, 20 minutes.
33. Tomato Polenta Stir a dollop of sun-dried tomato tapenade into some Salsa al Pomodoro; warm and spoon over prepared soft polenta.
34. Italian Quesadilla Spread some Salsa al Pomodoro on a tortilla; top with grated mozzarella cheese, sliced mushrooms and shredded chicken; fold in half and pan-fry until golden.
35. Chilaquiles Cook 4 cups tortilla chips in Salsa al Pomodoro until slightly softened; stir in chopped cilantro and top with grated cheddar cheese and sour cream.
36. Creole Stew Saute chopped onions, bell peppers and celery; add Creole seasoning, sliced smoked turkey sausages, Salsa al Pomodoro and a big splash of broth; serve over rice.
37. Poached Fish Fillets Simmer Salsa al Pomodoro in a skillet; add Fish fillets, cover and cook until just firm; top with chopped herbs.
38. Enchilada Sauce Toast some chili powder in a nonstick skillet; add Salsa al Pomodoro and canned green chiles and heat; drizzle over enchiladas or tacos.
39. Pizza Sticks Brush refrigerated breadstick dough with Salsa al Pomodoro; sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and bake. Serve with extra sauce.
40. Greek Beans Simmer Salsa al Pomodoro with a cinnamon stick, a bay leaf and a splash of red wine vinegar; serve over white kidney beans; top with feta cheese.
41. Tomato Omelet Whisk 3 eggs, salt and pepper; pour into a buttered skillet and top with grated fontina cheese and a few tablespoons of Salsa al Pomodoro. Cook until almost firm; fold in half and cook until desired doneness.
42. Bloody Marys Mix 6 ounces vodka, 1 cup Salsa al Pomodoro, 1/2 cup water, 6 tablespoons lime juice and 1 tablespoon horseradish in a pitcher; season with celery salt, Worcestershire and hot sauce.
43. Spiced Okra Simmer fresh or frozen okra and canned chickpeas in Salsa al Pomodoro; season with cumin, mustard seeds and coriander.
44. Polenta Bites Slice a tube of premade polenta into rounds. Broil until heated through; lightly top with Salsa al Pomodoro and grated fontina; broil until cheese melts.
45. Tomato-Fennel Soup Thin Salsa al Pomodoro with water; add sliced fennel, vegetable juice and a splash of pernod and simmer.
46. Chickpea Pasta Simmer Salsa al Pomodoro with chopped celery, anchovies and chickpeas; serve over penne.
47. Red Pepper Coulis Puree jarred roasted red peppers until smooth; stir into Salsa al Pomodoro and serve with steamed fish.
48. Sloppy Joes Brown bulk Italian sausage, chopped onions and bell peppers; stir in the Salsa al Pomodoro and heat; spoon onto rolls.
49. Tomato Vinaigrette Whisk 1/4 cup red wine vinegar with 1/2 cup olive oil, some shredded basil, salt and pepper. Whisk in a spoonful of Salsa al Pomodoro; drizzle over arugula.
50. Eggplant Rolls Grill or broil thinly sliced eggplant until tender. Spread with Salsa al Pomodoro and ricotta cheese; roll up and secure with toothpicks.